A popular aspect of our work is the tool sales we present at the violin making colleges.
We sell donated tools and materials to students at prices they can afford; proceeds from these sales in colleges help fund our student awards.
We welcome donations of second-hand tools, wood, accessories and books. Collection can usually be arranged if required. Please contact us if you can help in this way.
Recent donations include:
- Tools from Andrew Fairfax, Alison Yates, John Mather, Michael Hill, Vanda Morton & Susie Mackenzie
- Tools and materials from Keith Adams
- Tools, wood and books from the family of the late Koen Padding
- A part-made cello, tools and materials from the family of the late Brian Laurence
- A part-made cello and materials from the family of the late Arnold Boyes
- The complete contents of the workshop of Bernard Wawman
- The complete contents of the workshop of Jim Read
- An unvarnished cello by Maurice Bouette, donated by his family
…the tools that I purchased from RAB Trust marked the name of the donor. I did not know the donor personally. However, it made me feel grateful and emotional for their genuine kindness. It will remind me of the legacy of helping others while I make my instruments in my lifetime with those tools, and perhaps my tools will be pass on to the next generation of bowed instrument makers. It makes me feel happy to think in this way. Eunjoo Lee, 2020